It's Shrove Tuesday, one of our favourite days of the year! Saltrock Ambassador Claire Smail has shared with us her favourite pancake recipe, perfect for filling up on after an afternoon surf, or a great way to keep the kids quiet after a long day!
Have a go at these Banoffee Inspired Pancakes and let us know what you think!
YOU WILL NEED...
- 50g Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 150ml Milk
- 1 Banana
- 1 tbsp Muscovado Sugar
- 1 tbsp Almonds
- Vanilla Ice Cream
HOW TO MAKE
- Whip up a classic pancake batter by adding flour, egg and milk into a jug, and whisk until smooth
- Roughly chop the almonds and put into a hot, non-stick frying pan to toast for a couple of minutes. Move them about occasionally to ensure they are evenly toasted, then place into a bowl when done
- Slice the banana and add into the non-stick frying pan. Add the sugar and lightly caramelise them until the banana begins to cook on the outside - keep stirring so the sugar melts but does not burn. Once lightly caramelised, put into a bowl
- Clean the frying pan, then add a teaspoon of butter. Wait until melted, then cook your pancakes
- Once cooked, place a spoonful of caramelised banana, a dollop of vanilla ice cream, and a sprinkling of almonds to create the perfect banoffee inspired pancakes!